For our school celebration we got to spend most of the day operating these little stations that the kids came around to. I manned the face painting station, and had my arm covered with examples of what I could do. Unfortunately, during this whole Halloween Debacle, we had one CD playing on loop. Some of the songs were classic and entertaining, like Ghost busters and the Harry Potter Theme Song. Others were... interesting. Amusing the first time, even, but after four hours of loop and finding myself singing to them... well. I think I came out of the whole ordeal with my soul largely intact, but there is a significant portion of it that was eaten away by song lyrics like: "I'm a mean old witch with my hat!" and "which witch, is which?"
It made me wonder what sort of sadists go into the business of making children's Halloween music. Don't they know that parents and teachers will be subjected to their songs on repeat? Are they trying to turn people into serial murders?
Fuckers.
Anyway, here are some delightful photos of the day:
No comments:
Post a Comment